Monday, July 2, 2007

Sketch at Fresh and Fun

Beate Johns at SCS always has a sketch challenge on her blog, Fresh & Fun. I recently did one of her challenges and had a blast. The card in this post is what I created for her latest sketch.

I have a quick disclaimer... I took a little poetic license to the design, but it's still a great sketch.


The card base is the new In Color, Purely Pomegranate, which I love. I used the new In the Spotlight set with Purely Pomegranate and Regal Rose. Black accents the design (scallop, black faux stitching, and key tag punch). The central image was first inked in Regal Rose and rocked in the pomegranate.

I'm not 100% sold on my card (seems a tad bright and busy for me), but it was fun to join in with Beate.

Thanks,

Lisa

6 comments:

  1. I love it, not too bright at all!
    Great job, haven't stamped in a while, need to get busy today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Great way to use that set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, What a wonderful card. I Love the sets and colors you chose. And the stitching! Awesome! Thanks for trying out the sketch. Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors and good job on Beate's sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had a blast looking through your site. You are awesome. this is a beautiful card. I have tagged you in my blog.
    Happy 4th

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the sketch. Great card -- GREAT colors.

    ReplyDelete