Monday, July 7, 2008

CHF Challenge #15 - Krylon Leafing Pens

It's Monday again and the challenge is ON!  This week our challenge was to use Krylon Leafing pens.  Julia Stainton has written a fabulous overview on the product in the CHF Forums --> HERE.  We'd love it if you could join us.  Our weekly challenges are posted on the forum too.



Fall Harvest



Copper has that warm glow to it... and I tend to think Autumn.  I grabbed my "All Things Fall" set (The Rummage Bin) and got leafing!





To make my Fall Harvest sign stand out, I took a chipboard coaster and cut it out with my Long Rectangle Nestabilities.  I painted it with Peeled Paint Crackle paint by Ranger and let it dry.  I used the Copper leafing pen on the edges.  It's also hard to see in the picture, but I added Copper leafing to a few of the dots in the lower right hand side.



A few other details on the card:

-Distressed edges and Vintage Photo ink to give an aged look.

-The apple was stamped with two colors.  To do this with standard ink pads, I inked the image with Peeled Paint and used a Q-tip to add the Espresso.

-The apple was trimmed out and popped up on dimensional tape.  I added Glossy Accents on the image for a laquered look.



I hope you'll stop by the other CHF Designer's blogs for added Krylon inspiration:

-Julia

-Dawn

-Kristine

-Kim

-Sherrie

-Lori

-Julie

-Michele



Thanks for stopping by,

Lisa

------------------------------------------------------

Supplies:

Stamps:

-All Things Fall (The Rummage Bin) by Cornish Heritage Farms



Ink:

-Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo Distress inks by Ranger

-Espresso Adirondack dye ink by Ranger



Paper:

-Intense Kiwi by Prism

-Classic Cream by Neenah



Designer Paper:

-Detours (Picnic Basket and Fruit Stand) by October Afternoon



Other:

-Copper Leafing Pen by Krylon

-Ink Blending Tool by Inkssentials

-Distressing tool by Tonic

-Glossy Accents by Ranger

-Peeled Paint Crackle paint by Ranger

-Nestabilities by Spellbinder

-Q-tips



Finished Size: 5.5" Square

6 comments:

  1. I just love this Lise! I love Fall

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the copper makes the sentiment stand out Lisa! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very fun and funky! Love those papers and the pen touch is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Lisa!! I love the patterns and the touch of copper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did with this set. Fun colors too. The copper actually looks like a layer of CS. Great job with the challenge!

    BTW, I know you probably don't 'know' me, but I left you something on my blog. Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete