Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Asela's Artwork

I am so thrilled to share a sneak peek of Asela Hopkins' release - scheduled for March 19th at Cornish Heritage Farms. Her images have come to life... beautiful realistic images from nature. I'm in LOVE!!! And the best part... they are sets! You'll have multiple images to work with.

Tagged Butterfly:

As I was tooling around Target over the weekend, I spied a package of tags in the most wonderful colors! I bought a package and used two of the patterns as the inspiration for the colors (as well as incorporating them into the card).

I also found (by the same company as the tags - Gartner Studios) a bucket of little paper flowers at Michael's. It was in the bridal section and labeled as confetti. The flowers are punched from shimmery cardstock and perfect for coloring with Copic markers. I'd read about using these flowers on projects on someone's blog (I think it was Ms. Lauren Meader - stamper extraordinaire!!!), but I hadn't seen them colored before - so that's my take on a found object! Copics make that an easy thing... and I had a perfect match!

Thanks for looking,

lise

------------------------------------------
Stamps:
- Garden Friends (Asela Hopkins' Collection) by Cornish Heritage Farms

Paper:
-Iced Teal and Curious Iridescent cardstocks from Prism

Inks:
-Espresso and Aqua Adirondack dye inks by Ranger

Pattered Paper:
-Mini Gift Tags by Gartner Studios (bought from Target with the Stationary items)

Tools:
-precision scissors by Provo Craft
-Copic markers from Ellen Hutson, LLC

Accessories:
-Bride's White Table Confetti by Gartner Studios from Michael's
-Misty Breeze Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels
-Silver cord by May Arts
-Brown Taffeta Ribbon by May Arts
-Spica glitter pens by Copic from Ellen Hutson LLC

Technique:
-sponging

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, I'd be happy to send you the template for the little basket I showed on my blog, but you need to send me your e-mail address. YOu can send it to kardkrazy@blogspot.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The butterfly is beautiful and I love the double stamping of it, Lisa - great card!

    ReplyDelete