Monday, March 10, 2008

Rummage Bin Collage Stamps

I always struggle to answer the question, "What is your stamping style?" Do you ever feel this way? I like to think I have a varied style, that I'm adaptable. I like realistic/artistic images, but also have a soft spot for cute (like the darling owls in my previous post). I'm learning more about vintage style and collage work... and loving every minute of it.

So, when I saw the latest stamp additions to The Rummage Bin Collection at Cornish Heritage Farms, I knew I'd love them. They are so different and fresh. Lesley Langdon (the creator extraordinaire) has outdone herself with her addition of collage stamps.

Little One:


I loved creating with this stamp. The sweet Little One is a larger image, making this an easy card. For that reason, I thought I'd create a larger card (this one was sized 7 x 4-1/2"), which gave me plenty of space for a flower and lace, without covering much of the girl. I stamped the girl with Vintage Photo Distress ink by Ranger and added shading with Old Paper Distress ink. It's perfect for that sepia photo-finished look. In total, I think it took me about 15 minutes to create my card. I can't wait to give this to a friend...

And I'm already thinking of the home decor that I want to make with this stamp. OK... gotta run... I must get stamping!

Thanks for stopping by,
lise

-------------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps:
-Sweet One Collage stamp (The Rummage Bin Collection by Lesley Langdon) by Cornish Heritage Farms
-Swirls from the Beautiful Stamp Set (The Rummage Bin Collection by Lesley Langdon) by Cornish Heritage Farms--- on the envelope

Ink:
-Espresso Adirondack Dye ink by Ranger
-Vintage Photo and Old Paper Distress inks by Ranger

Cardstock:
-Suede Brown medium cardstock by Prism Papers
-Poison Ivory shimmery cardstock by CutCardStock.com

Patterned Paper:
-Foof-a-la "text print" designer paper from the Autumn Leaves Mat Pack

Tools:
-n/a

Accessories:
-flower and chipboard button by Prima Marketing
-brown taffeta ribbon by May Arts
-lace scrap from personal stash (from my grandma's collection)

Technique:
-sponging / distressing

8 comments:

  1. this is such a fantastic card, love that stamp, will have to go check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Lisa, I love the way to turned down the edges of the paper and distressed it....so fitting with this image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is a fabulous stamp! And you've done an amazing job with it (just MY style!) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love the distressing ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lisa ~ This is truly vintage! I love the stamp, but even more, I love the way you designed around it. Just LOVELY :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - love the crumpled printed page as the background and the big flower is a perfect compliment to the stamped image, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous, Lisa! BTW- you've been tagged! Details on my blog . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just received my ATC's Thank you I love them.
    The Crafty Goddess

    ReplyDelete