Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Story of Us

I love altering notebooks.  My latest project was for a sweet friend of mine.  I know she loves to journal and thought this would make a great birthday gift.

The Story of Us

This was super fun to make.  I pulled apart the notebook to remove the covers.  I sanded and painted both covers before adding October Afternoon paper.  I painted a Maya Road chipboard frame with eggshell paint.  Once it was dry, I added Rock Candy clear crackle paint and rubbed it with Old Paper ink into the cracks.  A few flowers round out the front.

It's super simple and hopefully something my friend enjoyed receiving.

Thanks for visiting!
lise

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento Ink by Tsukineko, Old Paper Distress ink by Ranger
Paper: October Afternoon
Other: paint, Crackle Paint by Ranger, flowers, Mod Podge, seam binding ribbon, chipboard frame by Maya Road

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty notebook! The flowers and paper are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous journal Lise, I love the crackle on the frame and it's nice to see Storybook get an outing!

    ReplyDelete