Snowflake Cube Ornament
Paper: Core'dinations Signature Series (Graphic 45) in Bon Voyage GX-3100-06 (cut in 8.5" x 11" piece), vellum
Tools: Scor-Pal Scoring board in Inches, Scor-Tool, Scor-Tape and Core'dinations Sand It Set (sanding block and dust cloth)
Other: Snowflake die by Sizzix, silk ribbons by May Arts, Maraschino twine by The Twinery, corner rounder (1/4") by Zutter, precision scissors, small bell
Score to match the template above using a Scor-Pal Scoring Board in Inches and Scor-Tool.
- Along the 8.5" side, score at 0.5", 3", 5.5" and 8".
- Along the 11" side, score at 0.5", 3", 5.5", 8" and 10.5".
- Add a score mark (the dotted red line) at 2.5" and 6", carefully skipping one section as pictured above.
- Remove all the shaded sections with a precision scissors.
- Round the corners of all the flaps with a 1.4" corner rounding tool.
When creating a box like this, I find it easier to put together if I round the corners of the smaller flaps.
Using a small punch or die, add design to each side of the box. Add dimension to the box by sanding gently with the Sand It tool set.
Add Scor-Tape to the box flaps. Gently fold the box along the score lines to determine the placement of the Scor-Tape. Sand the box a bit for added dimension.
Flip to the "inside" of the box and add small squares of vellum behind the snowflakes, using Scor-Tape to adhere. I also determined that I wanted my box to hang from the point, so I added a loop of ribbon to one corner, using Scor-Tape. I also adhered a small bell to the bottom strung with twine.
Remove all the Scor-Tape strips and adhere to close the box.
Thanks for visiting,