Sunday, December 30, 2007

CPS # 44

Hello everyone! I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted. We had a crazy week leading up to Christmas... and I feel like I'm just now recovering! I did take a little time yesterday to stamp.

I'd seen this sketch ---> Click here to see the original sketch <--- on the CPS blog and it stuck in my mind when I went to create. I HAD to use it!

The stamps I used to make both of these cards are from Gina K's "Let It Snow" set.

The card base is Soft Sky with Dasher Basic Grey paper as the central matte. I used my Petite Scallop Circle and Classic circle Nestabilities to create the ring. It was SO easy. I lined them up on the magnetic placement mat, added the paper on top, and ran the sandwich through my Cuttlebug. It was perfect!
The main image was stamped and colored with Copic markers. I dotted three different grey markers and a tan marker to give the illusion that it's a stone house. I airbrushed the sky with a light blue. I need much more practice with this tool... I'm always so spotty or heavy-handed. I'll get there eventually.
Here's a close up of this first card. I added a bit of Ranger Liquid Pearls (White Opal) in dots to the scallops. The texture is so pretty in real life. A swatch of ribbon, a bar staple and some Water colored Dew Drops finished this card.

This next card was a quick Take 2 of the CPS Sketch... since I already had the paper cut and the matte circle from the ring cut above. I didn't see the reason to waste it. I'll save these for next year's holiday cards.

The difference in the main image is that I sponged ink for the sky and added Ranger Liquid Pearls to the roof and hill. Oh and I added a spiral clip to tie in the circular theme of the main image, the snowflake Basic Grey paper, and the Dew Drops.

Thanks for hanging with me! I promise to have more soon!

Lise

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Lisa! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck, haven't you had enough of Christmas cards?! LOL! These are great Lisa - especially love the first one with its scalloped frame and your airbrushing looks just fine and dandy to me!

    Happy New Year to you, I hope 2008 brings you all you hope for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH...I love the ribbon placement and wide brad. SO classy. This is beautiful, Lisa. Happy New Year, babe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. Your card is beautiful Lise.I love how you made the home look as though it were made of stone. Gorgeous!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh, that card is absolutely beautiful!!! love everything about it, the DP, just delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful cards, Lisa! Hope you had a lovely holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete