Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Shady Tree Studio Images

The CHF Be Creative Blog has been sharing sneak peeks all week on the new line of floral images, illustrated by Nancy Baier.  Her flowers just make me SO happy!!!!  I've been watercoloring and penciling these gorgeous, yummy flowers.

I thought I'd share one with you today...

AND let you know that the CHF Be Creative Blog will be giving away four of these beautiful stamps... so post soon!

Poppin' Poppies:
Seriously... is that not the most lovely poppy image ever?  I love how it makes you feel like an artist to color and paint them!

I did paint in this one.  I used Peerless watercolors to give these poppies a red-orange-yellow feel.  A bit of slate gray was added to the center for depth, shading and those lovely seeds in the center.

Since the watercoloring yielded such a bold result, I had to pair it with the black and white of the Making Memories Spiral Journaling paper as a layer.  I love the pattern, don't you?

The release is just around the corner.  Be sure to stop by the team blog for a giveaway and more lovely samples!

Thanks for stopping by,
lise
----------------------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps:
-Poppy Pair (Shady Tree Studio) by CHF


Ink:
-Stone Gray Stazon ink by Tsukineko


Paper:
-Desert Coral Medium, Black Prismatic by Prism Papers
-Staedtler water color paper


Patterned Paper:
-5th Avenue Spiral Journaling book by Making Memories


Other:
-Peerless Water colors
-Scallop black ribbon by May Arts
-Piercing Tool by Making Memories

2 comments:

  1. I love the card!And Orange oh dear you really amaze me with your painting skills.Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the poppies and your coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete