Thursday, August 27, 2009

More Shimmerz

Of course, I couldn't just stop at one project with the new Shimmerz I received.  I have two more projects to share with you... so be sure to check back in here again on Friday (and a the CHF Forum) for the last one.

Historic Poster:

I love the vintage feel of the East-West Historic Poster image, paired with fun colors.  I embossed the image with detail black embossing powder.  I sprayed the entire image with Ruby Spritz.  While the paper was still wet, I painted in large swipes additional colors and let them blend.  The Sunflower Shimmerz paint turned into a lovely peach color when paired with the Ruby Spritz and Burgundy Shimmerz paint.


And if that wasn't enough glimmer, I embossed the Ornamental Vines backgrounder on the Razzleberry layer with clear embossing powder and lightly sprayed with Ruby Spritz (as they are a very close match in color).  I really loved the subtle effect with the over the top shimmer on the main image.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope to see you tomorrow!
lise
-----------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps:
-East-West Historic Poster (B&O Rail Collection) by CHF
-Ornamental Vines Backgrounder by CHF


Ink:
-Versamark by Tsukineko


Paper:
-Simply Smooth White cardstock by CHF
-Razzleberry Med., Orange Med. and Kraft by Prism


Other:
-Burgundy, Sunflower Shimmerz Paints
-Ruby Spritz Shimmerz Spray
-Clear and Detail black embossing powder by Ranger
-Corner rounder by EK Success
-Sewing machine and thread
-grosgrain ribbon by Offray
-Lace from Grandma's collection
-Flower and jewel by Prima Marketing
-vintage pin by Making Memories


Technique:
-Emboss resist: After embossing the Historic Poster in black detail, I sprayed the entire piece of paper with Ruby Spritz. Then, while still wet, I used a brush to add Burgundy and Sunflower in sweeping strokes to give variegated color.

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty, Lisa! I love the colors you chose, and all the shimmer is just an added bonus! ;) VERY pretty!!

    ReplyDelete