Friday, August 28, 2009

Technique Talking about Shimmerz!

As promised, I'd like to share my last project with you using Shimmerz.  This has been a real treat using these glimmery, luscious paints!

Shimmery Happy Birthday:


This was such a quick project and one that you can customize to meet any occasion by just changing the color of Shimmerz paints.  I also think this worked perfectly with the Distressed Circle Scrapblock, because it's meant to be imperfect... on purpose.  I don't think I'd give this a go with something terribly intricate.

I used multiple colors for variation, which I LOVED.  The only hazard with this is... I can see myself needing a lot of Shimmerz paints.  Like all of them.  *gulp*
For all the details on the project with step-by-step instructions, stop by the Techniqe Talk forum at CHF for my tutorial.

Thanks for stopping by!
lise

----------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps:
Distressed Circles Scrapblock by Cornish Heritage Farms
Birthday Centers from the Mona Lisa Moments Collection by Cornish Heritage Farms


Ink:
Tuxedo Black Memento ink by Tsukineko
Antique Linen Distress ink by Ranger


Cardstock:
Simply Smooth cardstock by Cornish Heritage Farms


Other:
Sunflower and Burgundy Shimmerz paints
paint brush
paper flower by Prima Marketing
satin ribbon by May Arts
epoxy button by Making Memories
Black twine
rhinestons by Mark Richards
Sewing machine and thread
water bottle

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous! Love the Shimmerz with the background stamp, and the repeated circle motif - such a lovely design!

    ReplyDelete