Monday, September 28, 2009

New Stamp of the Month at CHF

I think it the most crazy thing is that September is nearly over.  Really?  When did this happen?

I thought I'd share with you a preview of the newest stamp of the month at Cornish Heritage Farms, called The Pines, releasing on October 1st.

Merry Christmas:



Since I didn't get any Christmas cards sent last year, I thought I'd get an early jump on it this year.  I already have a stack of cards, neatly tucked away... all different from each other with their own charm and personality.  And while this image is not initially intended as a holiday image, it just shouted snowy winter day to me.

I inked the stamp with New Sprout Memento ink and added Bamboo Leaves and Cottage Ivy Memento inks around the edges to give a variance of color.  Since my colored Memento inks are in the dewdrop shape, it's really easy to do this.  If you have full size ink colors, you could use a stipple brush and paint the ink onto the image for even coverage.

Tip:  I'm a stamper that prefers to die-cut any shapes (like this Label or sentiment tag by Spellbinder) prior to stamping the image.  I align my image on my acrylic block and test a few times on scrap paper to ensure placement.  I know there are creative ways to hold the die in place to cut out an image neatly, but this is my successful route (and I have a low scrap rate)... so it's up to you what works best!
After I stamped the image, I used my Copic marker to add a bit of sky into the image. I kept it light... and it really reminds me of how the sky looks on a particularly cold day. I added COPIOUS amounts of Polar White Flower Soft. I think I went a little overboard, hmm? But, it really makes the image a holiday image, doesn't it? Yep - I thought so too!


Overall, a simple design. It has lots of texture to it and the merit of the image and sentiment speak for themselves.

Thanks for stopping by,
Lise

--------------------------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps:
-The Pines (October SOTM) by CHF
-Vintage Christmas Expressions (MLM) by CHF

Ink:
-New Sprout, Bamboo Leaves, Cottage Ivy and Tuxedo Black Memento inks by Tsukineko

Paper:
-Simply Smooth White cardstock by CHF
-Kraft cardstock by Prism

Other:
-B00 Copic marker and airbrush system
-Impressabilities (Snowflake) and Nestabilities by Spellbinder
-Sewing machine and thread
-Polar White Flower Soft
-Ribbon by Making Memories

1 comment:

  1. Love your card. I don't think that you put too much flower soft on the trees. They look awesome.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete