Sunday, July 4, 2010

We Remember - 4th of July

Happy Independence Day!!!  I thought I'd share a card I recently made that helps celebrate the day - in a very special way for me.

The Brave


I'm really so proud of the images of the We Remember set.  It's a set I designed and it honors my family's experience serving our country.  In fact, the handsome gentleman on the left is my grandpa.  Here's a shot of him last year in May.  Isn't he darling?  Seeing him smile just makes me smile (and if you couldn't tell, I love him a ton).


Well, I stamped the photo image and colored with Copic markers.  Then, to give it an aged effect, I did the cracked glass technique.  I really like how it looks over a detailed image.  I had a little reflection from the cracked surface, so this isn't the best photo, but gives you an idea of the effect.



Thanks for visiting,
Lisa

-----------------------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps:
-We Remember (Rummage Bin) by CHF


Ink:
-Tuxedo Black Memento ink and Versamark ink by Tsukineko
-Old Paper, Vintage Photo and Black Soot Distress inks by Ranger


Paper:
-Simply Linen, Simply Smooth White Simply Heavy Black and Simply Kraft by CHF


Other:
-photo corners
-ribbon by May Arts
-Sanding block
-Copic markers (W1, E00, E42, E50, E44, YG91, YG93)
-UTEE by Ranger


Technique:
-cracked glass

No comments:

Post a Comment