Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Treat Boxes

I thought I'd post a quick and fun project I created for my children and my niece for Halloween.

Treat Boxes

I am completely enamoured with the Happy Haunting stamp set by Whipper Snapper.  The super talented Ms. Anna Wight is the illustrator for these images... and as soon as I saw the sneak peaks for the set, I knew I had to buy it.  Now... I don't send Halloween cards, but I really think I'll get a lot of use for this fun set.  If anything else, I'll find an excuse to send Halloween cards or treats to everyone I know!!!  Haha!!

Believe it or not, this was a very fast project to complete.  I used my Cricut Expression to cut the fry boxes with the Make the Cut program.  I found a fry box in the gallery and cut using my Expression.  It's really a fantastic way to use your Expression... since the cost of the cartridges can be very prohibitive.

Once the boxes were cut, I stamped (in orange ink - and not visible in my photos) the little ghost image on the boxes.  I adhered the sides with very strong tape and set aside.

I stamped my images and layered on Lacey scallop die-cuts.  Images were colored with copic markers.

The treats were a huge hit... and I had the pleasure of creating for fun!

Thanks for visiting,
lise

---------------------------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Happy Haunting by Whipper Snapper Stamps
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento ink by Tsukineko, Sunset Orange Adirondack ink by Ranger
Paper: Solar White by Neenah, Black and Orange by Bazzill
Other: Nestabilities by Spellbinder, seam binding in black, dog tag punch by EK Success, Make the Cut software in conjunction with Cricut Expression (boy do I love that program!!)
Copic markers: E50, E53, E55, E57, E59, YR00, YR02, YR04, BV00, BV02, BV04, YG21, YG25, 0, T1

No comments:

Post a Comment