Sunday, May 6, 2007

Projects with Mom in mind...

Every month, I get together with an amazing group of ladies to stamp and create projects. My last technique class was at the end of April. I knew that the projects needed to center around Mother's Day.

The unique side of Mother's Day for me, other than the obvious adoration I have for my own mom, is to take the time to thank ALL the amazing women in my life for their friendship, love, and guidance. I make about 30 cards for the occasion. I won't post them all yet, since I know I have these ladies browsing through here from time to time. I'll add them early next week.


But, I can share with you two cards that we made in my most recent class. The first card is one that we made very quickly using the soon to retire Roses In Winter set. This is a favorite of mine. I love how classy a card can look. We used a color combination that was a bit of a stretch for me too. My mom had made a card with Really Rust and Cool Caribbean. I added a couple other colors for pop, including So Saffron, More Mustard, Old Olive, and Chocolate Chip. I think it turned out great.






The second card was for the technique part of the class. We used Lumiere to create a Faux Mother of Pearl background. I used Natural Beauty (another set soon to retire). The colors are a soothing lavender and rose with a little black for pop. It's a surprisingly simple technique. the downside... I had to use a product I don't like... Saran Wrap. It's horrible, isn't it? I can't seem to get that stuff to come off the roll, it's usually sticking to everything I don't want it to (especially if it's a dish in the kitchen). Awful. At least it has a use... in stamping!





I'll have more to post soon, since I don't want to give any surprises away before this weekend.


Thanks!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment