Sunday, December 6, 2009

12 Days of Christmas Tags - Day 1

I've decided to join the creative challenge this year to follow both Tim Holtz and Lisa Strahl / Becky Olsen and their holiday tags.  And this weekend, I've had a chance to catch up and complete the first six days of each.

Day 1 - Tim Holtz style: Warm Wishes



Tim's tag also have a snowman on Day 1.  I opted for a more feminine color scheme.  You can see Tim's tag ---> HERE.  Of course, it's funny... I have a bazillion stamps and couldn't find one snowman stamp that was a perfect fit.  But the solid surface snowman from Winter Wishes worked just fine.  What isn't captured well is all the shimmer to this tag.  I painted the whole tag with Rock Candy Distress Crackle paint after laying in the base color.  And I loved how Tim made icicles at the top of his tag, so I did the same.  It's shimmer and texture is wonderful.

Day 1 - the CLASSroom: Season's Greetings


This tag was inspired by Lisa Strahl's tag at the CLASSroom.  You can see her tag right HERE.  Lisa's tag began with a based of Distress crackle paint.  I decided to do the same for my tag base.  I used Picket Fence white Disress paint on the tag and let it dry. Then, I swiped my tag with Vintage Photo... it reminded me of a birch tree / bark - perfect for a little bird.  Since I didn't have the angel image that Lisa used, I decided to create my own focal point from this beautiful chickadee image from Impression Obsession.  I stamped the bird on glossy cardstock, used Distress inks to tint the image and sanded over the whole thing.  I inked with Old Paper and Vintage Photo inks to create a faux linen image.  The tag and ribbon keep with the holly theme too.

I'll be prepping my posts for the other 5 x 2 tags that I've finished... and promise to post again tomorrow.
Thanks for visiting!
lise

---------------------------------------
Supplies - Warm Wishes:
Stamps:
-Warm Wishes snowman and flakes (Kim Hughes Collection) by CHF
Ink:
-Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord, and Broken China Distress inks by Ranger
Paper:
-Manilla tags
Other:
-Dymo labeler
-Glossy Accents, Rock Candy Distress paint, Frosted Lace Stickles, plain Grungeboard and flourish, tiny attacher and staples, and Perfect Pearls by Ranger
-Studio paint by C. Hellmuth
-Diamond Dust glitter
-Ribbon by May Arts, wire and tape for a wired ribbon

Supplies - Season's Greetings:
Stamps:
-Chickadee by Impression Obsession
-Vintage Christmas Expressions by CHF
Ink:
-Jet Black Archival ink by Ranger
-Vintage Photo, Old Paper, Aged Mahogany, Pine Needles, Antique Linen, and Spiced Marmalade Distress inks by Ranger
Paper:
-Glossy cardstock and Manilla tags
Other:
-ribbon by Prima Marketing
-lace by May Arts
-mini pin
-white opaque pen, pen nibs, x-mas red Stickles, sanding block, White Picket Distress Crackle paint, clear embossing powder by Ranger
-1-3/8" circle punch by EK Success

No comments:

Post a Comment