Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wishing You Well...

Sorry it's been a few days since I've posted.  For some crazy reason, I've decided to take on the 25 Days of Christmas / December Daily.  I think I've mentioned I'm not a scrapbooker.  Umm... yeah... I must be mad.  Of course, I'm already behind.  And it's only day 2!  DAY 2!!!  OK.  Breathe.  Slowly...

I do promise to add pictures of my project, if it's not embarrassing.  :-)

Onto the subject at hand, though...

The vintage / retro art in the soon-to-be released set called Common Cold from the Saturday Evening Post line at Cornish Heritage Farms is just my style!  In fact, my mom had several of the SEP prints framed and hanging in our home when I was growing up... and I just love them.

Wishing You Well



I never seem to have "get well" or sympathy cards when I need them.  You'd think I'd make a stack of them and keep some on hand, since they seem to be the first to run out in my stash.  I quickly created this card for a colleague of mine that underwent surgery and is recovering at home.  In fact, he was a live donor for part of his liver, as his friend was in need.  Isn't he inspiring?!  While the images aren't really surgery related (thank heavens!), I thought it was perfect to let him know we're thinking of him.

I kept the images really simple.  I colored with Prismacolor pencils and only dry blended with a stump to pull a bit of color into lighter areas for shading.  The bolder coloring style seemed to fit the retro appeal and reminded me a bit of the "technicolor" effect.

Thanks for visiting... and I wish you well too!
lise

--------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps:
-Common Cold (Saturday Evening Post collection) by Cornish Heritage Farms

Ink:
-Rich Cocoa Memento ink by Tsukineko
-Vintage Photo Distress ink by Ranger

Paper:
-Natural White by Neenah
-Suede Brown dark and Kraft by Prism Papers

Pattered Paper:
-My Mind's Eye

Other:
-prismacolor pencils and blending stumps (dry)
-piercing tool and template

-ink blending tool by Inkssentials

No comments:

Post a Comment