But, I'd promised myself that I'd work on something I wanted to do.
This card is really bright, contrary to the shadows in the picture. I was having trouble getting a good picture for some reason. I bet my camera needs charging...
The card base started with a 6" x 12" piece of Rose Red cardstock, scored at 4" and 8" - essentially in thirds. I trimmed 2.5" off the front fold, so the middle flap could be seen from the front. I stamped the front with a Crosshatch background and the sentiment "Warm Wishes".
The central image is GinaK's Daffodil design, embossed with detail black embossing powder. I used Copic markers to color the design (Baby blue and Buttercup yellow)... I should add here that I don't have a vast supply of Copic colors, so I'm using what I have to determine my color combos. LOL! I punched the image out, pierced each scallop, and adhered to a larger oval of Wild Wasabi green (cut out using my coluzzle). The ribbon is attached to the oval with a large staple bar and it's all popped up on the card base with dimensional tape.
The middle flap has a section of Basic Grey Romani striped paper on it. I used my scallop deckle scissors to edge the designer paper. Using my slot punch, I cut a notch on the DS panel to leave an opening for the Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon.
I decided to send this to my mom's cousin, Lori, who was injured in a serious car accident over a year ago and has experienced a set-back with her health. I hope this brightens her day!
Thanks for sticking with me! I promise to have more soon!