Sunday, July 15, 2007

Rubber Stamping Fun Review set...

The review set from Rubber Stamping Fun is in the house! Yeah!!! I was on vacation all week and knew it would be here when I returned. I tore into the stack of mail, tossing bills (not too unusual for me) out of the way.

The set is five stamps, including:
1. Background stamp (1.5" x 1.5") of dots and flowers
2. Blossom and Branch (4.5" x 1.5")
3. Queen Anne's lace type of flower (I'm not 100% sure since I'm not that great at flower identification).
4. Sentiment: "Wish not so much to live long as to live well."
5. Sentiment: "Life's greatest happiness is to know we are loved!"

All that said, it's a beautiful set and I plan on using this a ton! I love that RSF mounts the sets (a huge time saver) and ships for free in the US.

My first card is a side-pocket card, made on a base of Bravo Burgundy cardstock, stamped with the background flowers/dots stamp. The flower branch was stamped with Palette Noir Hybrid ink and watercolored. The main image was then stamped with a fabric / canvas background with a khaki green (stamped off first) and the corners were rounded. The edges were also distressed and inked.

The sentiment was tied into the design by rounding the edges. A semi-circle notch was punched out of the sentiment "tag" to allow for the knot of the moss grosgrain ribbon to fit on the side of the card.

The card is a side-pocket, so the insert of the card has rounded edges and burgundy background flowers stamped across the left side.

My second card is decidedly masculine... and I LOVE it. In a mostly floral set, I'm convinced a man wouldn't mind receiving the card... and not just because I did it in manly colors.

The card base is Black with a spine scored at approximately 0.5". I added white eyelets and linen thread "stitched" through them to add texture.

The central image is layered, with the base of Kraft cardstock, stamped with the lacy flower in White pigment ink in a random patter. The vellum was stamped with a single flower and embossed in black. The spine design element was mimicked in the central image with a scored line. Black brads (by 7gypsies) adheres the vellum layer to the center. The vellum was torn at the base of the cardstock. This is matted on Real Red, that has been pierced along the bottom.

This image shows (hopefully better than I've described) the spine of the card. To offset the black interior, I added a Page of Kraft cardstock that was stamped with white pigment ink and the background flowers.

I really love this set. The set isn't on the RSF website, because it's new and yet to be released. I'll update my blog with a new entry when the set is available for purchase. Isn't it beautiful?

Thanks for checking in with me. I won't be posting for another week, since I have to travel for work next week. Let me know what you think of this set or the projects here. I'd love to know if this is something you'd buy for yourself.

Talk to you soon,



  1. Your cards are gorgeous!!! I think I shoulda picked THIS set. :-)

  2. Well, you picked a great set and your cards are beautiful. Good review.

  3. Wow these cards are fantastic, love the colors you used.

  4. Beautiful RSF cards!! (I love the set I got, but this one is so pretty I really want it too!!!)

  5. great cards! Lisa, check out my post, I nominated you as a Rockin' Girl Blogger

    Rockin' Girl Blogger Nomination

  6. You've been nominated for a Rockin Blogger award!

  7. Oh, I mean to add that I see you have been already, but just consider yourself nominated twice!