Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's a Party!!!

So, I eluded to it in yesterday's post, but I have the details for you now. It's a party to celebrate sweet Ms. Lisa's birthday - her 30th birthday!!! Lisa has been posting projects on her blog (Mona Lisa Moments) all week to give us all previews of her latest releases - new wonderful backgrounders. Stop by to get an idea of the gorgeous creations she has in store for us.

I should have mailed individual invites for the party... OK, that's darn funny! I'm lucky to send anything in the mail, much less hundreds of any one thing...

Instead, Here are the details:

Where: CHF forums
When: December 1st
Time: 10AM EST-10PM EST

There will be games, goodies and tons of fun. So please stop by. And I promise, no RSVP is needed!

In honor of Ms. Lisa, I thought I'd post a preview of my own - birthday themed:

Quilted Poppies

The card base is a ruby red cardstock. I inked in a ruby red and stamped off the End Diamond Backgrounder (release on Dec. 1st) before stamping on the matte layer. To give added texture to this layer, I scored on the diagonal to give a quilted look, before sponging with a tan ink. The Poppies stamp was colored with Copic markers and die cut with Rectangle Nestabilities. I didn't have any ruby red ribbon (I'm gonna need this I think... love this color right now)... but I colored white grosgrain ribbon with my matching Copic marker. The sentiment is from the Tag You're It set, stamped within the longest tag. The tag is a tad too long for this word grouping, so I drew in a new end point with a micron pen and trimmed.

So... can I count on you joining us Saturday? Whohoo!!!

Thanks for stopping by,

Lisa

------------------------------

Supplies:
Stamps all CHF: Poppies, End Diamond Backgrounder, Tag! You're It set for sentiment and tag

Paper: Ruby red, green, white, and tan cardstock

Ink: Pitch Black by Ranger, ruby red, tan, and brown

Accessories: Classic and Scallop Rectangles Nestabilities from Ellen Hutson LLC, Gold cord and eyelet, setter, White grosgrain ribbon, Scoring tool, copic markers.

1 comment: