Saturday, November 24, 2007

More Love from the Kitchen!

So, if you couldn't tell yet, I've been in a rush to create holiday cards this year. I've really been meaning to have them done by now, but I've had other projects I just HAD to do first. But, I've been slowly collecting cards that are perfect for my close friends and family - a mix of simple, elegant and kicked up cards!

For both of these cards, I used stamp sets from Kitchen Sink Stamps.

Retro Ornaments:

The primary set used for this card is the Background & Borders set by Kitchen Sink Stamps. Now, the card looks complicated, but it went together fairly fast.

The card base is white cardstock with a little pink dye ink sponged onto the edges (this is all retro, remember - LOL). The background matte is Certainly Celery cardstock with the same color diamonds stamped on it. Then, I stamped various patterns of the backgrounds on white cardstock - like the small swirls in Certainly Celery dye ink, multiple colors for the stripes, Real Red and Pretty in Pink diamonds. These scraps were used to decorate my ornament shapes.

To create the ornaments, I used my oval Coluzzle template to partially cut ovals, leaving the bottom portion uncut. With a pencil, I freehanded the pointed bottoms and cut out with my precision scissors. I used a sanding block to even out any imperfections. I added a bit of foil (glued to paper scraps for stability) for the tops of the ornaments and added a jump ring for that authentic look. The Coluzzle made another appearance for the circle ornament - and the sentiment strip. The sentiment is from the new set, Never a Loss 4 Words - to be released on Dec. 3rd. Stay tuned for more samples with this set. It's amazing!


Gifts:

This card was super simple.

The card base is Real Red with a matte of Kraft cardstock. I used the Backgrounds & Borders set again to create "wrapping paper" designs, on shimmery white and Garden Green cardstocks. With the Classic Rectangle Nestabilities I purchased from Ellen Hutson's store, I cut out the gifts and embossed. The third gift is a rectangle gift bag out of Creamy Caramel cardstock with hemp twine handles. It's adhered with dimensional tape and has a sprig of tissue behind it. The sentiment and the gift ribbon are from the 3 Step Holly & Mistletoe set. The final touch to the card was the shadows inked under the packages to give some grounding to the image. Overall, a very fun card.



I hope you enjoyed these projects. I had a blast making them. I will have some new KSS stamps this week and projects posted. The next release will be December 3rd... so cool!

Thanks for stopping by,
Lisa

3 comments: