Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My Challenge...

Last weekend, I decided that I needed to take stock of my designer paper and actually USE some of it. I'm pretty good about it most of the time, but I LOVE designer paper... so I have a ton of it. *** SHHH... don't tell my husband. ***

So, I challenged myself to use some. I love all papers by Basic Grey, so cracked into my stash of Fruitcake (the only time you'll hear me say that phrase is when it applies to paper - LOL!). I know it's Christmas paper, but the fun stripes fit for other themes.


I followed the Sketch on Splitcoaststampers - SC151. It's a perfect, go-to favorite layout option... so here it is. I added a bit of texture with the sewing machine and made a matching bottlecap pin (such a fun and fast project in and of itself - you must try it).

Thanks for stopping by,

Lisa

p.s. BTW - before I forget, I have a few quick notes for you:

1. If you haven't stopped by the incomparable Lisa Strahl's blog (Mona Lisa Moments) lately, please do! She's featuring sneak peeks on her soon to be released backgrounders on CHF. Her projects are amazing and the backgrounders will have you emptying your wallets. I know I have a HUGE wish list now.

2. The big countdown for the Backgrounder release is Dec. 1st - Lisa Strahl's birthday!!! Keep your eyes open for more details about the fun that CHF has planned.

3. CHF also has a Referral Program. I thought I'd posted on this before, but my aging mind forgot. Check out Liz Pomeroy's description HERE. <--- Link is active. She has it all spelled out for you. I promise to post all the details for you too later this week.

---------------------------------

Supplies:Stamps: Pretty Birds

Paper: Light blue, light green, Fruitcake by Basic Grey, white cardstocks

Ink: Pitch Black

Accessories: bottle cap, pin clasp, Ranger Glossy Accents, Sizzix, Copic markers and colored pencils, corner rounder punch by EK Success, sewing machine, gold brads (I used the red Copic marker to make them candy red)

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable! And that matching pin is perfect ~ I am looking forward to the CHF celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and beautiful pin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fruitcake!! This is my favorite paper right now too and I so have to challenge myself to use more of it!

    ReplyDelete