Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Smooches...

Since Christmas is just around the corner, I would normally have my cards all ready... just waiting for my darling kiddos' pictures. But... not so this year. It's been a crazy year. One minute we're planning summer vacation, the next we're planning Christmas gifts. Sheesh!

So this card is a quick one I'd like to share with you.

The card base is olive green, with a layer of holly cardstock from the Basic Grey Fruitcake line – a line of stitching added to anchor the layer. When I make a mass of these (which WILL happen), I plan to eliminate the stitching for speed.

The mistletoe image is a 3-step stamp by Kitchen Sink Stamps - 3 Step Holly and Mistletoe; light tan ink as the base and two shades of green on shimmery cream cardstock build the mistletoe. The red ribbon (center) was stamped, trimmed and added with dimensional tape. Additional highlights to the stamped image were added with a white gel pen. The central image was cut out with rectangle Nestabilities and while the die was still in place, I sponged light brown ink towards the mistletoe image, leaving the edge of the rectangle unlinked. It is mounted on a scallop of ruby red cardstock.

I didn’t have ruby red ribbon, so I dyed white grosgrain ribbon by coloring with a Copic marker to match (great trick!). The ribbon was threaded around the holly cardstock. A quick addition of the striped ribbon and a few brads finish the card.

I think typing the description took longer than it did to make this card. But isn't it pretty? I know I'll be making a stack of these for this holiday! Simple elegance.

Thank you,

Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! This will make a lovely holiday greeting card. Thanks for sharing how you got the great frame around the image by keeping the Nestabilities die in place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how some take two hours to make and some we like equally as well take ten minutes...but this one is absolooootely goregous. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Lisa! Those layering stamps do look fabulous, don't they? I have a tip for you though: buying red ribbon will speed up your mass production no end ;o)

    ReplyDelete