Sunday, November 11, 2007

Simple.. or is it?!?

I recently joined a share for metal sheets by my friend Sencie (her blog is amazing, by the way ---> Serving the King). I was too intrigued to pass this up. I have to admit that I've used tin before in my stamping... heavy duty foil, double thick... and it still ripped. I thought I'd try these metal sheets to see how they work.

I'm really glad I did. The card came together so quickly!!!

Here it is:



The metal layer was embossed with the textile Cuttlebug folder. To give the silver tin a "less shiny" appearance, I used Ranger alcohol inks (Currant, Butterscotch and Meadow). Once this was dry (a few minutes to loose the tacky feeling), I dabbed Wheat VersaMagic ink over to highlight the design.


The stamped image is from the Kitchen Sink Stamps (3-Step Holly and Mistletoe). I added a bit of Fruitcake designer paper, ribbon loops and a couple of brads.
Simple! And yet, I think it looks pretty kicked up, don't you?!?!

Thanks for stopping by,

Lisa

14 comments:

  1. Oh my!!! This is stunning, Lisa!!! I've been loving all your recent creations! Thanks for popping by my blog too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, this is absolutely beautiful!!!! What a great idea to use the versamagic ink over the alcohol ink. I'll have to try that!! : ) I love the stamps and paper you used!!! Very pretty!!!! : ) It all goes together perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic effect Lisa. I love that cBug folder and it really looks great with the metal - must try that. The holly stamp is beautiful, really delicate-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so lovely.

    What is the metal sheeting? Where can you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning, Lise....love that embossed tin... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply gorgeous!!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doesn't LOOK simple LOL Looks beautiful tho ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, this is incredible. The embossed image works beautifully with the holly image and the metal is such a stunning look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What a great card and yes it is kicked up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the metal sheet! What a fabulous look it has!!

    ReplyDelete