Monday, April 4, 2011

Outlines Rubber Stamp Challenge # 14


Hello!!!  It's Monday and time for a new Outlines Rubber Stamp design team challenge.  This week our challenge is to create a card with Sparkle!  Are you ready for the fun?


Copper Jewel


This was a fun project to create!  I used some luscious Dutch Mustard Soup patterned paper by Jillibean Soup as my base.  The warm tones inspired the use of copper embossing powder for my Neptune Jewel image.

After I embossed the image, I covered the entire stamped image with Versamark Dazzle Frost ink and coated with Ultra Thick Embossing Powder.  Once I coated a couple of times, I adhered my jewels into their respective locations with Crystal Lacquer.  And I didn't use just any jewels... I used Light Colorado Topaz Swarovski Crystals and they are amazing!  As a sidenote, it's not always easy to get gems into place... I always feel like I'm all thumbs.  I used the Picksey-Pick Ups tool from Outlines.  It was a cinch to drop them into place!

You can see that shine here!

To adhere the Neptune Jewel to the center of my die-cut, I opted to use a magnet.  The beauty of this is that the recipient of my card can remove the magnet and use on their fridge, their file cabinet... whatever!  Instead of having an unsightly magnet in the middle of the card, I put it under the white die-cut, so the card is pretty on it's own.



And isn't that magnet lovely?  It's a little gift!



I'd love it if you stopped by to visit the other designers for more inspiration:


Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp - DT Coordinator
Robin Kirkpatrick
Sandy Hulsart
Vicki Garrett


Thanks for visiting,
lise
------------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Neptune Jewel by Outlines Rubber Stamps
Ink: Versamark Dazzle Frost ink by Tsukineko
Paper: Solar White by Neenah, Kraft by Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper: Dutch Mustard Soup by Jillibean Soup
Other: ultra thick embossing enamel and copper embossing powder by Ranger, Light Colorado Topaz Swarovski Crystals (SS12), Crystal Lacquer, Nestabilities die by Spellbinder, magnet by Basic Grey, sewing machine, Picksey-Pick Ups gem placement tool by Outlines Rubber Stamps

4 comments:

  1. How elegant and how clever to make the magnet. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!!! I love copper ... and the topaz crystals are really beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Topaz and Brown color combo.... very clever to make a detachable magnet! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Lisa!!!! Very Elegant and the magnet is way cool!

    ReplyDelete