Monday, April 25, 2011

Outlines Rubber Stamp Challenge # 17


Hello!!!  It's Monday and time for a new Outlines Rubber Stamp design team challenge.  This week our challenge is to create a butterfly card.  This is SO easy to do with all the various butterfly images available at Outlines

Enjoy


I stamped the Butterfly Square Large (E-519) and embossed - twice.  It's one of my favorite daily techniques, because it provides a simple luster and elegance to an image without a lot of effort.  I colored with copic markers - to match my Dutch Mustard Soup patterned paper.  I may not have used the Blossom Soup paper this week, but it's hard to pass up gorgeous paper altogether...

I cut out the second butterfly and popped up on the first image.  I gently bent the butterfly's wings for dimension.

 
TIP: Be sure to color your base image similarly to your top (dimensional image).




Bronze pearl pen and Light Colorado Topaz crystals round out the design.  It's elegant and matches the colors perfectly of my paper.  Pure love!!!

I'd love it if you stopped by to visit the other designers for more inspiration.
 Bev Gerard
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp - DT Coordinator
Robin Kirkpatrick
Sandy Hulsart
Vicki Garrett 

Thanks for visiting!
lise
------------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Butterfly Square Large (E-519) by Outlines Rubber Stamps
Ink: Black Soot Distress ink by Ranger
Paper: Natural White by Neenah, Kraft by Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Dutch Mustard Soup by Jillibean Soup
Other: clear embossing powder by Ranger, precision scissors, 3M mounting tape, Bronze Pearl Pen by Viva Decor, Light Colorado Topaz crystals (SS-12)
Copic Markers: YG11, YG13, YG17, BG10, 0, E57, E59, Y21, Y23, Y26, YR12, YR14, YR16

4 comments:

  1. Lisa, what a fun card and so beautiful. I love the nice clean lines and your color scheme is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Love the colors, the design, and the dimension, Ms. Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whaaaaatttt?? No Blossom Soup this week? LOL! Love your butterfly paired up with Dutch Mustard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at Jenny's comment - no worries, this week I covered the Blossom Soup 'requirement'!

    LOVE this card, Lise! Your color scheme is fabulous - very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete