Thursday, April 3, 2008

An Amazing New Release for Kim Hughes

If you've ever flipped through a stamping / scrapping / paper-themed magazine, you've seen her work. Kim Hughes is absolutely amazing! Every time I get to create with her images, I'm happy!

Cornish Heritage Farms has released two new sets in the Kim Hughes Collection:


Baked with Love

Nature's Silhouettes
Aren't these sets amazing?!?!?

Missing You:

I thought I'd share one of the cards I've made with this set. It went together so quickly because these silhouette images are a dream to ink. I used all Distress inks (which I LOVE) because their colors are so true.

To get the stem / flowers different colors, I inked in Worn Lipstick and then used a damp cotton swab to remove ink from the stem. To re-ink the stem, I used the clean end of a cotton swab to "brush" on Peeled Paint Distress ink. I also added a bit of Fired Brick (the darker red on the flower) with a cotton swab for the rock-n-roll look, without actually doing that.


Be sure to check out the CHF Gallery for a ton of fantastic projects with these sets. I know you'll be inspired.

Thanks for stopping by! I love when you do!

lise

-------------------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps:
- Nature Silhouettes from the Kim Hughes Collection by Cornish Heritage Farms
- Spanish Script backgrounder by Cornish Heritage Farms

Paper:
- Spring Willow light and Medium, Blush Red Dark
- Neenah Classic Cream cardstock from Ellen Hutson LLC

Ink:
- Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick, Antique Linen and Walnut Stain Distress inks by Ranger

Other:
-1-1/4" and 1-3/8" circle punches by EK Success
- sewing machine and thread
- tonic distressing tool

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lisa - lovely 'summer meadow' look to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I must echo the "Beautiful card" from the last post. You used almost every stamp in the set -- I am glad you stopped at only one sentiment, too many of them gets really confusing. I really do love the way that all of the sprigs look together. I am not sure I would have thought to do that. Thanks for stretching me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an enabler!! lol I love this card, love the soft colors...love this set (and I can tell I'm gonna *need* to order it soon -lol)!

    ReplyDelete