Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sketch Challenge Card

I really enjoyed today's sketch at Splitcoaststampers - SC171. It was hosted by none other than Lisa Strahl!

Friends:


Isn't this a fun layout??? I couldn't pass up the opportunity to create!

A few notes about the design:
1. I really love using designer paper. With the focus of this sketch being the canted oval, I really didn't want to cover that pretty paper. I used my scallop and classic Nestabilities to create a ring. The center ovals are smaller, so the background paper peeks out.

2. Another fun detail was the addition of Distress Crackle paint to the corners. I sponged a bit of Worn Lipstick Distress ink over the cracks to add to the dimension. In addition to this, it curled the paper edge a bit and I loved the effect.

If you create something for this sketch, drop me a note. I'd love to see what you make.

Thanks for stopping by!

lise
--------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps:
-Pretty Birds set from the Kim Hughes Collection at Cornish Heritage Farms
-"friends" from the Scripty Words set from the Kim Hughes Collection at Cornish Heritage Farms

Paper:
-Spring Willow dark, Baby Pink Light and Medium Prism cardstocks
-Neenah Solar White cardstock from Ellen Hutson LLC

Patterned Paper:
-Sprout by Memory Box

Ink:
-Worn Lipstick Distress ink by Ranger
-Pitch Black Adirondack dye ink by Ranger

Other:
-white embroidery floss (DMC from Hobby Lobby)
-Worn Lipstick crackle paint by Ranger
-Nestabilities by Spellbinder from Ellen Hutson LLC
-Autumn Leaves buttons
-yellow ribbon brad from Making Memories
-Copic markers

Finished card size: 4" x 5.5" - I wanted something a little slimmer than a standard card.

5 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, love how you shifted the image and those wonderful buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I love this card!! Those colors are some of my favorites. I especially like how you chose to leave some of the dp peeking out from the ovals. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I love the distress paint and those cool ovals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you placed the ovals on this card...it just makes it "pop"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the ovals!! Fabulous job!!! :)

    ReplyDelete