Thursday, September 20, 2007

Snowy Night

CHF stamps are amazing. They are often very detailed, which isn't the easiest thing to create when translating to rubber stamps. I'm so impressed with how clearly their images stamp.


This card is a perfect example of that detail. The snowflake I used is so intricate... truly what a snowflake looks like when it lands on the windowsill. *sigh* It's hard to be thinking of snow when it was 90F in St. Louis today...

The central image is a white chalk ink on navy cardstock. The stamp image does hold up to embossing, but I was looking for a more transparent color, in this case. I also should mention that I stamped the ribbon again from the CHF Ribbon set. I really love that set. I'll never lack for the right shade of ribbon. LOL!

Thanks for looking,

Lisa

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Supplies:

Stamps: Snowflake #1, Ribbons, Wishing You (Christmas sentiment)

Paper: blue-grey, navy, red, and white cardstock

Ink: blue-grey, navy, and red dye inks; white fluid chalk ink

Embellishments: silver brads, paper snips, dimensional tape

6 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely. I love the clean look to it as well as the colors that you used.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful! I JUST got that stamp and was wondering if it will keep all that detail! Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, love the softness of the snowflake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! The guy on Joy FM pointed out this morning that tomorrow is the first official day of fall!! Hard to believe as warm as it has been. But I'm sure we'll be seeing those snowflakes before we know it. Love your work, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous stamp! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete