Sunday, August 26, 2007

Gift Exchange

I signed up for a gift exchange on SCS. I really enjoy these swaps. I get to make a gift (or two) for a new friend... and usually have to shop for a few extra treats. I love this part... since I might get a few things for myself in the process. OK... I definitely shop for myself too. That's what makes it so much fun!!!! LOL!

This is part 1 of my gift. The challenge was to make something in Orange and Black.

Several months ago, I bought a couple frames from the dollar bin at Target (gotta love the dollar bin). I used the SU designer paper (Outlaw), which is "orange-ish". I trimmed the paper to reveal a bit of the black frame. Just a bit of Mod Podge was needed to adhere the paper.

I made a quick card to go with the frame, using the Outlaw paper scraps and the "Give Thanks" set. The pumpkin was colored with markers first and highlighted with colored pencils for more color variation and depth.

I hope my new friend likes her gift. I have another handmade gift I'll post later this week.

Thanks for stopping by!

Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty Lisa, that would be a super frame to put a pic in from the punkin' patch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frame came out great, love that outlaw paper, and your card is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete