Thursday, August 2, 2007

Another Challenge card

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. I traveled for work and then worked WAY too late tonight. But, I'm back.

This next card is one that I didn't think to be one of my best, but it was really fun, very cheerful and fairly simple to complete.

The challenge was both a sketch for the layout and a technique. A quick note on the layout... it was originally supposed to be a square card, but my central image lent itself to a regular A2 card.

The challenge is called "Out of the Box". I first stamped the tulips from Both Ways Blossoms on Georgia Pacific white cardstock. Using a ruler, I penciled in square around the flowers, deliberately letting a few of the flowers fall outside the perimeter. I used my Fiskers trimmer on the straight cuts and continued trimming around the flowers with my precision scissors. After the image was trimmed, I matted the flowers with Real Red cardstock (1/4" larger than the original size - as normal).

To add a little definition, I doodled an outline on both white panels.

Supplies: Paper: Summer Sun, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Georgia Pacific White
cardstock; Stamps: Crosshatch BG, Both Ways Blossoms; Ink: Brilliance Graphite
Black, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun; Accessories: Black journaling marker, Red
Grosgrain ribbon, Red Dotted organdy May arts ribbon, SU marker in YoYo Yellow,
Certainly Celery, colored pencils, blending stump.
To color the tulips, I used SU markers and colored pencils, using the tutorial outlined HERE (Vibrant Colors).

I loved how cheerful the card is. I think it will be perfect as a Birthday or Get Well.

Thanks!

Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Love the yellow and orange combo and those flowers, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is awesome! LOVE the tulips!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love this card! Those flowers are awesome and so is the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card!! I love the idea of stamping "outside of the box"!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, simply gorgeous!!! I can't believe I missed your tutorial on how you colored this. Glad I inspired you. Warms my heart and spirit to know that . Big big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love these colors you used!!!! Absolutely beautiful card!!!!

    ReplyDelete