Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Ready for Another Challenge Card?

I'm peppering you with them this week...

I love the sketch element of this card. The central image can either start as one image cut into three (and not necessarily equal parts) or can be three separate images that relate... like three types of flowers in the same style / size.

I decided that for this sketch, I wanted to start with a single panel cut in 3 equal strips. I did the panel first and cut into strips... only to realize I had misplaced one of them. Arghhhhh!!!! I really need to clean my desk!

I made a pocket card... albeit a top-heavy one. LOL! I had to use a stand to take the picture, as it wouldn't stand on it's own. The card base is Soft Sky (I'm really loving this color!), with mattes of Taken with Teal and basic black. Certainly celery is the accent color and a perfect counter balance. I used Baroque Motifs swirls as the focus of the central image.

The color inspiration came from a recent shopping trip. I saw a pillow in these colors and knew I'd make a card with them. I really love this combo! Maybe I should go back to buy that pillow!!!

Here's a side view of the inside. I like unique folds to cards... this would be a perfect layout for a gift card pocket.

Thanks for stopping by~

Lisa

4 comments:

  1. ...........THUD!!! This is just GAW-JUS! One of my favorite color combos, and I love how you did it with these images and layout! Beautiful! I'm sippin' an appletini tonight and needin' to relax, and I just randomly chose your blog to hop on over to! I'm now busy ogling all your pretties! TFS so many lovely, lovely creations! Such a pleasure for me to visit tonight! {{{{{{{Lisa}}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing blog you have!! I'm so glad I saw it. Each entry rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards! I am so glad to have found your blog! Love reading about your trip to UK! You are such a beautiful cardmaker! TFS! COme visit me soon! Deb

    ReplyDelete