Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Wedding Wishes

I have been in a card-making mode lately. I took a few minutes to make this quick card for a wedding in a couple of weeks (I know... can you believe it??? I'm being proactive!!!).

This card is really very simple. I love how it completed.

I started with a piece of Basic Grey Scarlet Letter designer paper. Now, I'm sure you're thinking I lost my mind, because the DP is clearly not on this card. I had all intentions of using the paper. The colors were inspired by the paper. The simplicity of the card would offset the complexity of the designed paper...

And then, it didn't work. I really liked the card better as a simple card.

The card base is a 3.75" x 9" card, perfect for a business size envelope, made of Ruby Red textured cardstock. I love using textured cardstock on simple designs because it lends to the richness of the finished piece. The central image is from the Oh So Lovely SU set (Sahara Sand is the shadow stamp). I watercolored the flower image and matted it with Old Olive and Basic Black.

The black matte has piercing around it's perimeter. The Old olive and Sahara Sand panels are faux stitched with black ink. Ivory grosgrain complete the center image - add is adhered to the card with dimensional tape. The sentiment, "warmest wishes" from All Year Cheer I, was stamped in Brilliance Black pigment ink. I think the pigment inks do better on the textured cardstock, since they are thicker and sit on top of the paper, rather than absorbing into the fibers. It just seemed to give the best results for me. If anyone has any preferences, let me know. I'd love to hear your opinions too.

Thanks for checking in with me!

Lisa

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely and elegant card, the flower image really pops on that black mat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card Lisa, it's very classic and clean lined~ also-way to plan ahead!!

    ReplyDelete