Thursday, August 16, 2007

NSR - Travel Pictures

I've been creating stamped artwork like crazy lately, but don't have pictures yet. I will have more time over the weekend to get a bunch uploaded and edited.

I thought I'd share a few pictures with you of my last trip to the UK. I work for a chemical company, which has several offices in the UK. My last trip was to the Gillingham production facility. Gillingham is in Dorset, which I think is southeast of London by about 2 hours.
During that week, I stayed in a hotel in Shaftesbury - a town near Gillingham, which was charming! One of the most stunning and picturesque places in Shaftesbury is Gold Hill. This LINK will take you to the Wikipedia listing for the site, in case you'd like a little history. I worked most of the evenings quite late with very little free time. To make sure I was able to take pictures of my visit, I woke up one morning at 4:45 am (YIKES!!!) and hiked into town. I think I walked and rambled for about 1 hour... made it back to shower, eat breakfast and head back to the office to work the rest of the day. It was perfect.

Here is Gold Hill:
And the Rector's house in Shaftesbury... my dream home (from the outside anyway - I don't know what it looks like inside):
Our drive back to London (so I could fly home via Heathrow) took us past Stonehenge. I asked one of my work colleagues if I could stop and take a few pictures from outside the gates. He was kind enough to humor me and even stood next to me while I aimed through the fence for a great shot. I was so amazingly stunned by how massive the structure is. Being there in person was wonderful.
Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble about my last business trip. I'll have stamping projects for you soon!

Thanks!

Lisa

3 comments:

  1. These pictures are great, thanks for sharing, what a shame you didn't have any time to visit, England is such a lovely country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to see that we stampers/bloggers are such a diverse group. Thanks for sharing your trip pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures!! I'm reading a book set in England right now so it gave me some visuals to add to it.

    ReplyDelete