Monday, August 13, 2007

Super Fast Birthday card

A colleague of mine celebrated her birthday last week. I always have my calendar up-to-date... I just often neglect to look at it in advance. I know... I should have some other organizational method to remind me of important dates. I'll have to create a better system, that's for sure.

In my effort to rise to the challenge, I created a super fast card for Katie.

The card base is a 4"x4" square of textured groovy guava and a matte of blush blossom. The flowers are from smARTworks Rubber stamps, specifically FL-16 / Real Stems and Flowers.

The links in the names are active to the stamp company's home page and the catalog page of the set, respectively. I randomly stamped the stems (in Garden green and Wild Wasabi) and flowers (Ruby red, Groovy Guava, and Blush Blossom).
The sentiment, "happy birthday", was stamped on a 1/2" strip of paper. I slid one end into the word window punch at a time to make a longer piece. It's anchored to the card with cord through the eyelets and dimensional tape.
It really was a super fast card... I'll have to remember that for the next time I need a card. Oh right... I was going to do something about that whole organizational thing, wasn't I?

Sure.

Thanks for stopping by!
Lisa

7 comments:

  1. I wish I could make fast card and have it look so nice. It seems that when the pressure is on to make a card, I go brain dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this was a quick card, it is fantastic, so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way about not remembering birthdays until I look at my calendar so I keep a stash of cards in my desk at work so I can just grab one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. organization can wait...at least that's what I keep hoping someone will tell me here in my mess of cs and ribbons!
    Love the colors you chose on this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card. What a great job you did with those flowers. It really jumped out at me. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome stampin'! Just stunning! Deb

    ReplyDelete