Tuesday, August 7, 2007

More Dirt!

Another challenge on SCS was to create a card, adding a ton of brads. I'm not one to scrimp on the details, but I tend not to overdo the hardware. Is it the frugal side of me? Maybe so... or maybe I'm just thinking ahead to all the postage it would take to mail the finished product. Oh wait... that's still frugal! LOL!

I decided to make this a 5" square card, using a stamp set I'd received from Rubber Stamping Fun as part of their stamp review program. It's yet to be released, but is absolutely beautiful! I posted in July my initial information on the set, which can be found HERE - this post has details about the set.

The card base is Kraft cardstock, layered with Basic Grey's Scarlet Letter. I LOVE all Basic Grey papers. They are just so decadent to me. This paper really seems to fit the personality of the stamp set. I used a black marker to stamp a piece of the sentiment -- I only wanted "live well" to be the focus. And... I add vintage brads. Six of them. I know... not as many as I could have.
All in all... I think this is a simple card, but I really liked the end results.

Thanks for stopping by~

Lisa

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card, love that background paper and all those brads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! :) Yes, you could have used a *few* more brads, but it is still great! LOL Use cheaper brads when you want to bathe your card with them and you won't feel as bad. LOL

    HUGS

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful -- love that DP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout. Great use of that BG paper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card. You used those brads wonderfully!!

    ReplyDelete