Friday, August 31, 2007

Teacher Gifts

I meant to post this on Friday night, but life got in the way. My grandma isn't well. We know the cause of her recent headaches to be a brain aneurysm, which the doctors think they can treat. It's still been an emotional ride. My posts might be less frequent as we near her surgery date, but I promise to post updates. Thanks.
----------------------------------------------------
Every year on the first day of school, I send my kiddo's with a small token of appreciation for their teachers. I guess I have a two-fold reason for it:

1. My kids have to go up to their new teacher (both my kiddos can be a bit shy) and give them a gift. It's a great way for them to introduce themselves.

2. I want the teacher to know that we appreciate all the hard work they do - every day. I think it takes a special person to teach. I know I certainly don't have that skill.

I created a small stationary set for both teachers from the Simply Scrappin' kit from SU's Sell-A-Bration. I had one of them in the house and had yet to crack it open. I tend not to have 12"X12" cardstock, so this was a perfect solution. I used all the cardstock die-cuts for the front of the folder and for 4 general cards.


Rachel loved the blue one:


















This was Jack's gift set:


















They were a fast gift - perfect for the back to school frenzy! The teachers loved them too... so it was an A+ all-around!

Thanks for stopping by!

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I'm glad to hear that your grandma has a treatable condition!! I hope she gets better soon!!!

    These teacher's gifts are great, btw... Terrific idea! :)

    ReplyDelete